We Pitisowewepahikan (Double Ball)
game was played primarily by the women, at least among
the Cree. It was a very rigorous game, demanding top physical
condition, the goals were placed up to a mile apart.
A stick about three feet long.
Long ago, the double ball was made from two bags of deerskin
stuffed with buffalo hair and joined by a leather thong.
A dumb bell shaped bean bag or any two small balls which
can be fastened together can be used.
The game can be played on a football or soccer field or
on any area where the goals are at least 100 yards apart.
There can be from four to eight players on a team.
2. The game is similar to shinny, except the ball is only
moved by throwing it with the curved stick. It cannot
be touched with the hands or feet.
3. The game begins with one player throwing the ball toward
4. The ball, once caught by a player, cannot be carried
on the stick. It must be passed from one player to another.
5. Players can try to hook the ball by knocking it off
their opponent's stick.
6. The team which throws the ball across the goal line
wins the game.